Monday, December 16, 2013

Today is Happy Dance day for me!!!!!!

I did something I haven't done since July 2008 while getting radiated on a 40 radiation routine.

I finally weighed in at 130 pounds!!!

The day I rang out of my last radiation treatment I weighed 122 pounds!

I went back to work, screwed up because I shouldn't have and got fired. I got back to work but one of those gifts that cancer loves to give you even if you don't want those gifts was weighing in at 129 pounds and find out that I have a tumor in the brain and get it cut out.

That didn't help a lot because they had to cut a muscle to my jaw to open my head so I don't get to stuff my mouth like many get to because not only did the cut muscle not help me to eat but because my skull is still shrinking from all that radiation and that includes my jaw to the point that the new reline on my dentures donated to me was a waste of money because I can't even get them in my mouth and if I do I can't get food in there for them to do what teeth do. Mash up food, so I still drink my meals and force something down as I do need the solid stuff and the added damage of radiation to the mouth eating is a chore and I lost that weight I had gained all the way down to 109 pounds. That was my worst weight loss since Cancer came to live with me and my wife left me and I do believe that most of that weight loss was from a broken heart as weight just melted off me and I struggled to keep it on.

The VA concerned about a reading from my blood work put me on a tiny little pill and it is whats helping me gain back that weight I need to hold up pants and Tidy Whities! Ain't nothing like having your Tidy Whities falling off of you from under your jeans!

But this is an announcement I just had to make as Hopefully I can keep gaining as this is my entrance weight when I enlisted into the Army 17 Nov 1971 and the weight I weighed when I graduated no matter how hard Drill Sargent Miller forced me to eat at the front of every mess hall line till he could not figure out why I would not gain weight! How many of my military family ever got the front spot at mess call during basic and then made to go through it again 3 times a day even if we were eating "C" Rats and that was bordering on torture to have to eat 2 of those at a time when out in the field!

But it's slowly coming back, I won't have to buy any more pants to keep up with the shrinkage. The broken heart might someday heal and heck I might find someone to give me a hug every once in a while to keep it patched and I figure out that another day is around the corner that I will get to live through and have to work to make it a better day than the day before it!

Cancer sucks.

Being alone sucks.

Living sucks.

But I live and will keep on fighting to live just to see what the heck happens next! Hey, when you volunteer to live by taking what I took to stay alive, I am not about to quit or give up as the world is going to hell in a hand basket and I want to see where it is when it's time to check out!




That was todays Face Book post. I'm sorry that I have been remiss the last year so with any real blogs as to my health and yada yada yada! I have only blogged about snakes police and NYC lately. I'll try to bring my 5 followers and the others up to speed about the past 2 years and this is another story that you have to live to believe but I sure did live through it..

Yeah, I could have gone on but most of my FB friends know I'm not in the fast lane anymore and I'll be out in the pasture strolling along at my own pace staying on the side giving my advice! I'll blog more this following week as I haven't even kept this on “paper” as this has been the year from hell and I thought cancer then brain surgery was bad. Yes, this is a story to tell!

I guess I'll go back to last summer, August to be exact when all hell broke lose here at home but I promise to fill you all in and we'll see IF there really IS life after cancer or if I just show that life after cancer is just life.

See y'all soon I promise!

I can note that dying from a broken heart could be possible but whats the point? Damn, I hate asking questions I have to find an answer for. I'll never learn will I or is that a point to ponder also?



Comments are welcome!

George

PS: I am wondering if the broken heart got mended by a lovely young lady who for some odd reason sat and talked with me for an hour while at a graduation party for my daughter. Oh, she got her BA in Justice Admin so I was already a happy Daddy with a B- average! But this young lady gave me attention I haven't seen in years I think she might be the reason I'm gaining weight and aren't so broken hearted any more and all we did was talk at a party.
Thank you to the owner of that beautiful smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment